Through a career that has included working in the music industry and in the political and governmental fields, I determined that the overriding issue — no matter the field or profession — is ethics. Pure and simple, yet so complex. In the past few years, ethical issues in sports, my favorite pastime, have made their way to the forefront of the public’s attention and scrutiny.
My love for sports and my awareness of the importance of dealing effectively with issues affecting public figures prompted the creation of “Penalty Flag Down!”
* Native of Canton, Ohio, the home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame — so I have to be a football fan!
* Received my B.A. in History and Political Science from Walsh University in Ohio.
* Currently completing an M.A. in two concentrations: Public Relations and Media Management at Kent State University.
* Spent 10 years working in the Nashville music industry with such artists as Tom Petty, Olivia Newton-John, Joan Jett, the late Johnny Cash, Alabama, and the Oak Ridge Boys.
* Worked for 12 years in the governmental and political fields including serving as a senior legislative assistant in education and labor policy for U. S. Senator Bob Kerrey (Nebraska) in Washington, D. C., and working in presidential, congressional and state legislative campaigns in Nebraska, Ohio, Tennessee and Florida.
* Favorite teams: THE Ohio State University Buckeyes, the Cleveland Browns, the Cleveland Cavaliers and (you guessed it!) the Cleveland Indians.